Reflection Jan/ 10 /23

    Today in class, we read a poem that was written by a famous author and poet.  The poem is called "The Negro speaks of Rivers" by Langston Hughes. I learned that he was just graduating from high school when he wrote this so, he wasn't much older than my current age. 

We deciphered the poem and annotated it.  We looked up the definition of key words or words that we felt we needed to know the actual meaning of to further understand what the writer was trying to say.

In the end, Mr.Reese asked us what we thought our roots were. This question was related to the poem because it mentioned how the writer has a deep history and/or ancestry like how rivers have flown for years before civilization. Thats what I got from it. As far as I know, my immediate roots are from Jamaica but before that, I would guess Ghana or Nigeria. That's only on my mom's side as I'm not sure about my dad's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Prompts from Cheryl Strayed. (1. inappropriate for the occation) 4/21/23

Reflection Jan/20/23