The Best Advice Jan/10/23

   The best advice I can remember my mother giving is that not everyone is your friend.  I always have to learn that the hard way because I'm a friendly person.  She tells me that I have to differentiate friends from associates all the time and not to be so quick to call somebody a friend.  A lot of the times my mom tells me this in situations when either she's been wronged by a long time friend or when I tell her about how I've been wronged by people I've been good to.  This trait of taking people and treating them as good friends when they dont deserve this is something passed down because I can see it in me, my mom, my grandma, and my great grandma.  Like myself, they all have gone out of the way for people in the name of friendship when those people didn't deserve those titles. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Prompts from Cheryl Strayed. (1. inappropriate for the occation) 4/21/23

Reflection Jan/20/23