Writing Prompts from Cheryl Strayed. (1. inappropriate for the occation) 4/21/23

 It'd had been the summer of 2014 and I was over at my grandma's.  As you get older, an unspoken expectation of you gets larger.  In this case, the expectation had been knowing how to carry myself at my grandmother's church without having to be corrected.  Back when I did go to church, I dressed formal but it wasn't strict because It was my mom's church.  The difference between my mom and my grandma's church was simply demographic, and my grandma's church was full of old or conservative Jamaicans.  I decided that one morning I would wear some shorts and a tank top after the service was over which my grandma didn't approve of.  I ended up having to go home; I wasn't complaining though. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection Jan/20/23