Writing Prompts from Cheryl Strayed (2. obsess over something meaningless)

   To others, the color green may be insignificant but to me, it's one of the best colors that the human brain can perceive.  I love green and different shades of green.  Certain shades of green to be exact.  I love jade green, sage green, olive green, army green, matcha green, moss green, lime green, and emerald green. Maybe there's more but I'm not certain at the moment.  Green is a color of nature.  It can represent growth and new beginnings.

  It's funny because I've been spiritually evolving and going through life changing situations ever since green became one of my favorite colors.  Even recently, my family has experienced two deaths. I myself had experienced the death of a six month plus situationship. I miss that person a lot and I hope we'll cross paths again for a longer amount of time.  Maybe someone or something new is coming since I keep seeing green.  The other day at the store, I noticed I kept buying green facial products too.  I don't know what the universe has to offer me now but I hope its as positive as the color green!  

Green reminds me of alternative r&b music and queer love.  This is oddly specific but there's a connection.  Usually, artists who make alternative r&b music have some queerness to them.  I myself love alternative r&b music and girls.  When I think of green, I think of the artist Frank Ocean.  He's a queer alt r&b artist who on the cover of one of his albums 'Blond', had green hair.  I think that people who like the color green in an aesthetic way are probably queer, some form of alternative, soft, or both.  I've genuinely never seen a regular person like green; only artistic people like this color. 


There are however, shades of green that I can't stand.  Those shades of green are hunter green, clover green, dark green, mint green, pine green, neon green, and seafoam.  I think these colors are either dull or obnoxious and I don't think there's an in between.  Have you ever gone in a store, saw a shirt in your favorite color, but it was in a nasty shade and the style of the shirt was ugly?  I had this experience the other day.  There's some shades of green that are just hard for me to look at and it's upsetting.  I saw a really ugly dress that looked like a dress from 2014 and it was clover green.  I scrunched up my face in disgust and felt a sense of disappointment.  I couldn't understand who would get paid to waste fabric in such a way and why the store would have the nerve to put that on the shelf.  Whenever I see a color that I like in a shade that I don't like, I just can't help feeling like it's uneasy to my eyes.


Spiritually, green is the heart chakra.  Isn't it ironic?  The point I made earlier referred to queer people and the color green.  As well as queer artists and alternative r&b and their connection to that color.  To further that point,  usually, alternative r&b songs are about love and heartbreak.  Most songs are but again, alt r&b.  No wonder there's some sort of connection.  This connection isn't backed by research, they're just my thoughts.  I hope to attract all green; no envy.  How can you just not like green? See, if I can obsess over something so "meaningless", then does it really have no meaning ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Prompts from Cheryl Strayed. (1. inappropriate for the occation) 4/21/23

Reflection Jan/20/23