Writing Prompts from Cheryl Strayed (9. write a long apology)

 Dear Me, 

I would like to apologise to myself for not loving me and giving myself enough grace.  I'm sorry for allowing people to treat me the way that they have.  I should've never let myself give in to people that didn't have my best interest in mind. I'm also sorry for abusing you mentally.  I didn't allow you to be who you were and instead I blamed you for everything that went wrong.  There are certain situations where I should have loved you enough to be able to protect you from them. Instead, I led you astray to situations and filled your heart with false hope which got you hurt.  I'm sorry for not allowing you to heal properly and let go.  I'm sorry for hurting you with permanent scars that you'll have to explain to the next person.  You didn't and don't much of the abuse that you went trough mentally and physically.  And I'm sorry for allowing you to go through that much pain and scarring. I promise to do better from now. To make better decisions for you and to love you harder. Even if that means that you have to be selfish and more reserved.  I will do what it takes to make sure that you won't be hurt the way that you were ever again.  I will try my very best not to be your enemy but to be your lover and your friend.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Prompts from Cheryl Strayed. (1. inappropriate for the occation) 4/21/23

Reflection Jan/20/23