Writing Prompts from Cheryl Strayed (6.when you knew you were in trouble)

 This has to be one of my most favorite topics to write about because they're always funny to me looking back.  When I was probably ten or no more than,  I had an imagination more active than now.  Back tracking to when I was five, I used to do gymnastics and I would remember trying to swing up on the bars.  So here I am, at ten years old thinking back to that time while simutaneously trying to mimic what I've seen other gymnasts do.  I was in my bathroom and I had this entertaining idea to pretend I was swinging on the bars by pulling my shower curtain back, stepping on the ledge of my tub, and holding the curtain rod.  I would sway back and forth, pretending that I was at a gymnastics competition doing tricks on the bars. I lost my balance and fell off the ledge with the curtain rod in hand.  Oh I knew I was in for one.  Instead of immediately telling my parents that I broke the shower rod..again.., I decided to gather all my loose change in my piggy bank, write an apology note, and put them in my parents room.  After that, I put on the thickest pajamas I had and took my butt to bed. Unfortunately, that did not save me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Prompts from Cheryl Strayed. (1. inappropriate for the occation) 4/21/23

Reflection Jan/20/23